Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Week 33

"Because we have the ability to pray to our Heavenly Father we can receive answers to some of the deepest and most profound of life's questions."


Monday, March 7th, 2016


"Say hello to my little friend!" A Praying Mantis and a missionary.



Hello my friends,

I hope you are all well and that you are prepared to hear about my week because it was quite normal. Buckle up and enjoy the ride. 

Just want to start off saying that I have the prettiest area in Beira. Beautiful sunsets every day. We have great investigators!

Story time! We were knocking doors in the Radio building and we look to our left, while waiting for a person to come open the door. When we looked to our left we saw a massive turtle just walking around in an apartment building. It is weird to have pets in Mozambique, even more weird to have a pet turtle. But this turtle is like a Ninja. He went behind this door I went to go find him.... He disappeared. He reappeared somewhere completely unexpected. I called him Rafael. Because he is a real stealthy turtle but it is also a real common name here. 

It was a really good week! I hope I can help a lot more people here this week! 

Today I started and finished the book of James in the New Testament. It talks about some really important stuff especially the 5th verse:

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

This scripture is used a lot by missionaries because it is true. If we want to know the truth about something we need to ask God. 


This is such a blessing. Because of the ability to pray to our Heavenly Father we can receive answers to some of the deepest and most profound of life's questions. Through prayer I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's church established here on the earth today. I know that Thomas S. Monson is His prophet. I know that families can be together forever. And I hope all of you will ask of God to KNOW if these things are true. And I know he will answer you. This is my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Have an awesome week!

Elder Nimmo



All creatures great and small.

Training this awesome missionary, Elder Ortiz.

Yes, I got my haircut and yes it's a little too short.

Top of the Radio Building.
The prettiest area in Beira.
Beautiful sunsets.











Really though, I've seen the most beautiful sunsets.


A serious pose in the city lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment