Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 34

"Teach in a house of spiders. 

Why couldn't it be teach in a house full of butterflies?" 

*Ron Weasley voice*



Monday, March 14th, 2016


Don't freak mom, I'm fine!



Here we go!! 

Going into week 4 here in Beira and I am loving it! I had some crazy things happen this week! 

So last Monday we attended a family night at a woman's house named Philomena. They're were eight missionaries in attendance, we had a spiritual thought, played games, and ate some really good food with waffles for dessert! 

This week, in terms of missionary work, was pretty average. We did have a lot of meetings though. A new Bishop was called in our ward, he is a great guy! When we were on our way to a meeting with the Bishop we saw a woman who was taking photos, out of curiosity we approached her! Her name is Christina and she is from Germany! We talked about what she did as well as what we did but unfortunately she left the next day for a different part of Mozambique. It was a very cool experience to have had especially when just walking in a suburb of the city. 

Later on we found a woman who is a baptized a member of the church. This was a great blessing for us because we didn't know anyone from the church who lived in our area. We shared a message with her on Saturday night and discovered that her house is full of spiders! They are huge, it is crazy! She isn't even the slightest bit scared! She said "Yeah they are deadly but they don't bite.... usually." It was very hard to focus during our lesson, but we will continue visiting her. haha!

It was a really good week and I am so blessed to be in this area with such a great companion!

In Doctrine and Covenants (84:88) it reads:

 88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you,
to bear you up.

God will always be with us. He will send angels to bear us up. This provides a peace for me, especially on the mission, because sometimes I feel a little uneasy. For example, when there are more than 25 massive spiders around me that are all deadly. It is natural to feel that way. But I know the Lord's omnipotent hand is in my life and He is helping me to accomplish His work. I know the work I am doing is for the good of all men and through this work all men can return to live with our Heavenly Father. This is my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love you all! Have a good week!


Elder Nimmo



I'm alive and well and making some creepy friends!


ARAGOG: Harry Potter reference
SHELOB: The Lord of the Rings
  
CHARLOTTE: Charlotte's Web






Up close and personal.



Praia nova and me.


Elder Ortiz and the moon.


Making my mark here in Mozambique.


No comments:

Post a Comment