Thursday, December 1, 2016

Week 71

"However if we pray and ask God, our Eternal Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, searching for the light and having the faith to find it, the truth it will be revealed."


Monday, November 28th, 2016



I hope, whether I stay in Maxixe or go somewhere else, 
my work will continue as it has been these past few weeks!



Hey Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to celebrate in the way that brought you closer one to another.

We had a good week! We baptized two children of a part member family in preparation for their parents to be baptized in the coming weeks. Sorry no photos of that.

But the biggest news is that the branch of Maxixe finally has a Branch Presidency! Brother Irmao Paldino was called as President, I was called and set apart to be his first counselor, and my companion, Elder Green, will be his second counselor. I am extremely excited because now our area can only grow and become better. 

I still don't know what will happen next week due to transfers but whatever happens I am happy to go where I am called. I hope that my work can continue how it has been these past weeks in whichever area I serve.

This week I just wanted to talk about prayer. In Mosiah 23:10 it reads:

"Nevertheless, after much tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has made me an instrument in his hands in bringing so many of you to a knowledge of his truth."

We have encountered a hurdle for one of our investigators who claims that they know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that our church is true. 

However, they do not think they truly need to be baptized again. After explaining very thoroughly the authority of God and its pivotal role in baptism, our investigator still had doubts. 

We invited her to pray. That is the only way the darkness and confusion in our lives can be cleared out. At times we blind ourselves to the truth because of pride, fear, or plain ignorance. These things will not bring happiness. 

However if we pray and ask God, our Eternal Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, searching for the light and having the faith to find it, the truth it will be revealed. 

I love you all so much and it is my prayer that we pray always, to conquer evil and the things that impede our happiness.

I hope you all have a great week full of prayerful inspiration.

Love,


Elder Nimmo


We had a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment