Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Week 94

"I feel like the time I have left here will go by very quickly. Knowing there is a lot of work to be done before I leave the mission, I feel an urgency to get as much done as possible." 


Monday, May 8th, 2017


Me and Elder Francis at the conference.



Hey Everyone! 

Time is winding down but we are actually having a lot of success here in Sidwashini. We didn't get to the area a whole lot this week due to our travel to Maputo to meet our new mission president and wife. During the conference we had with opportunity to talk with President Senna, I'm happy we got to know him better. He is very nice, he's an extremely caring man and you can feel that he is with the Spirit. 

I feel like the time I have left here will go by very quickly. Knowing there is a lot of work to be done before I leave the mission, I feel an urgency to get as much done as possible. The branch is great and we are already planning fun missionary activities. We found a wonderful family who have been coming to church and we hope that they continue in preparation for their baptisms. 

Today I finished the Book of Mormon again. And I just wanted to bare a simple testimony about this book: 

I know that God loves us and that the Book of Mormon is evidence that He has not forgotten us. I know that it contains the word of God and that it always testifies of Christ. I learn more every time I read it and it enlightens my mind and soul. It has taught me a lot about the atonement and I testify that Christ died for us and that He overcame that death so that we can as well. I love this book and I invite all of you to read it daily. It will bless your lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Have a great week everyone!


Elder Nimmo



The mission hood.

Throwback photo to the first dinner after arriving Africa - September 2017.
Photo of these three Greenies courtesy Sister Koch.

Throwback mission selfie during Christmas party 2016.

Last throwback.


Passing the torch: President and Sister Koch welcome the new mission couple, 
President and Sister Senna from Brazil.

President Koch was released to be a called as a General Authority, a Seventy. 
He was called this week as the Second Counselor to the Africa Southeast Area Presidency.



I don't always eat chicken, rice and beans.
But when I do have something sweet, I love it so much that I take a photo of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment