Monday, May 8, 2017

Week 93


"I have really embraced the changes I've experienced in this new country. I really love the nature and beauty of Swaziland."


Monday, May 1st, 2017



"High on the mountain top, a banner is unfurled..."



Hey Everyone,

This week was interesting. I officially have a new mission president. I said goodbye to my old mission president through Skype. It has been an incredible experience having the stewardship of President and Sister Koch. I have learned a lot from their leadership and I have felt their love. They will be missed greatly by the entire mission and by the church members that knew and loved them.

The work here is going well. We have people coming to church and we think they will be baptized in the upcoming months. 

I have really embraced the changes I've experienced in this new country. I really love the nature and beauty of Swaziland. It gets a little cold but I know it doesn't compare to the cold in New England. Swaziland is beautiful but I do miss the people of Mozambique.

As my mission begins to wrap up I hope to continue to be better myself. It's a challenge to think of something I haven't already written about so I'm just going to share something that I think is important. People in our lives will see us and will choose to do three things; treat us well, spite us, or do nothing at all. We should all realize this easy enough. However I want to share a scripture that talks about what we should do with those who aren't too fond of us, our beliefs, our message, etc.

Matthew 5:39-44

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

This is no easy feat. However I know we will be blessed and we will bless the lives of so many if we can live these principles which Christ has taught us.

I know He lives. He loves us. 

Have a great week!

Elder Nimmo

P.S. Sorry for the photo overload















On our P-day, a member took us on a hike -


That tiny guy in the white shirt is my companion.



"There's always going to be another mountain,"

"I'm always going to want to make it move,"

"Always gonna be an uphill battle,"


"Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose,"

"Ain't about how fast I get there,"

"Ain't about what's waiting on the other side,"

"It's the climb." 
(Thanks Miley Cyrus)


Then a rest...


and a dab!




It's not like climbing Mt. Washington in NH, 
but then again I don't usually wear a tie when I hike.



I kept the promise to my mom,


when she asked me if I would send her some name tag photos.

You're welcome.

Cheese.


The weather changed


on our way


back  home.


The chapel in Manzini.

Thug life.

















No comments:

Post a Comment