Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 15

"I love these people so much! I truly care for them. That is one thing that has surprised me more than anything, the human capacity for love."


Monday, November 2nd, 2015



Elder Holt and I after our game of capture the flag.



Hello Everyone,

I hope that you have had a great weekend and a fun Halloween.

This week has been a great one. I have felt the Spirit so often, it is such a blessing. We are doing so much better then last transfer and my Portuguese is picking up fast with my new companion. Today we went to the beach and played capture the flag. Maputo Zone vs. the Matola zone. It was so much fun. We used water balloons so it was very refreshing. Today was also very windy. I kind of felt like I was in Egypt because so much sand was being lifted up and taken in one specific direction. You had to be careful and safe because it hurt to get hit by a gust of wind. Almost like little nails poking your skin.

We worked very hard this week and were able to meet many of our goals. I am making a personal goal to help every person we have right now with a baptismal/marriage date to achieve that goal. If that happened we would bring 19 people to the Gospel by the end of 2015. I am so blessed to be here in Sommerschield. I hope I can stay here next transfer as well. I know that I can help these people because I have felt the Savior help to carry them so far already. I love these people so much! I truly care for them. That is one thing that has surprised me more than anything, the human capacity for love. We have so much space to love others and all we have to do is open our heart and care. I am sorry if this is short but we lost power and some other weird stuff happened so I will end with my testimony. 

I know the Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. He loves us and knows us better than we know ourselves. He can comfort us and lift us up. We can feel His love. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God, and that he translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. We have a prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. He leads and guides us. We have a Heavenly Father who loves us. I know that He loves us so much he wants us to be happy forever. Forever. That is such a blessing. I know this church is the Church of Jesus Christ. I Love this gospel with all my heart and soul. I am the happiest I have ever been because of these things. And I write these thing in the sacred name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, Amen.


Elder Nimmo




The sea, some Elders and a very windy P-day!




So windy, so much blowing sand, Elder Holt couldn't keep his eyes open. 




Elder Watteyne came down and visited from Beira!  He was in my zone in the MTC.




 Throwin' up the deuces!


No comments:

Post a Comment