Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 16

"I hope you can all be as happy as the people I teach here. Be grateful and humble and always look for the joy in life."


Monday, November 9th, 2015



Happy like this! Joyful like this :)



Hello United States!!

And all other nations who read my blog. I am so happy today! Everyday I am happy but today is P-Day and we are playing soccer with our mission President as a zone activity. President Koch is so great! 

So this week was interesting. I had a few encounters with some very nice people who were less than sober and we were able to leave them with a pamphlet. One that we felt would help them especially. They expressed how they wanted to stop "acting like this" and we invited them to change. It was difficult in that situation but even in times like that I can feel compassion and love for them. 

Elder Trindade and I are teaching a wonderful couple whose names are Alberto and Minda. They have so much faith and I have felt the spirit so strongly with them every time we have taught. One night this past week we were returning home after visiting with them and we both agreed that we both love them so much! We have love for everyone but these two people we truly care about. It is strange to me how a person I have not known for longer than 3 weeks I already love like a good friend. I feel that, when everything boils down, if we can feel the spirit with us always we can love everyone we come in contact with. And we can learn to love others more quickly. 

I am hoping I will stay here for one more transfer. But I could go anywhere. I have such a strong testimony of this gospel and the joy it brings into the lives of those who seek and live it. I have seen it change my life already since I have been on my mission and I have seen it wipe away the heartache and tragedies of the past in peoples lives. This is all possible through the love of our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love you all so much! I hope you can all be as happy as the people that I teach here. Be grateful and humble and always look for the joy in life. Until next week!

-- 

Elder Nimmo





This is actually the "before" shot as me and my companion are getting our haircut today. Thanks to Poppy for the clippers because the barber is too expensive.



Me, Elder Trindade and our district. We're laughing because we're such a small group.

.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder Nimmo!
    So happy to read of your experience this far. Glad you are so happy - not that we doubted any missionary would be, as they are the happiest people on earth. Happy late birthday! Look forward to reading more of your entries.
    Andrea Izzo

    ReplyDelete