Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 73

"If spiritual growth is not a priority in our lives, if we are not on a course of steady improvement, we will miss out on the important experiences that God wants to give us."

Elder Larry R. Lawrence


Monday, December 12th, 2016


My last Christmas at home.


Hey Everyone!!

I hope you are all having a great start to your week! This has been a Super Busy Week!!!! I found out that I will be flying to Maputo on the 22nd - 26th spending Christmas at a Zone Conference with President and Sister Koch and the missionaries in that area.  

I really don't have a lot of time but I just want to reinforce the message from last week! If you didn't get a chance, go back and read it. I also want to share a little bit from Elder Larry R. Lawrence's talk from General Conference October 2015, "What Lack I Yet?"

"The journey of discipleship is not an easy one. It has been called a "course of steady improvement." As we travel along that strait and narrow path, the Spirit continually challenges us to be better and to climb higher. The Holy Ghost makes an ideal traveling companion. If we are humble and teachable, He will take us by the hand and lead us home."

"However, we need to ask the Lord for directions along the way. We have to ask some difficult questions, like "What do I need to change?" "How can I improve?" "What weakness needs strengthening?"
Elder Lawrence continues on in his address quoting Elder Bednar, "The atoning sacrifice of the Savior is what makes perfection or sanctification possible. We could never do it on our own, but God's grace is sufficient to help us. As Elder David A. Bednar once observed: 'Most of us clearly understand that the Atonement is for sinners. I am not so sure, however, that we know and understand that the Atonement is also for saints - for good men and women who are obedient, worthy, and conscientious and who are striving to become better.'"
Elder Lawrence then challenges us to humbly ask the Lord in prayer "What is keeping me from progressing?" In other words, "What Lack I Yet?" Then wait for a response. "If you are sincere," states Lawrence, "the answer will soon become clear. It will be revelation intended just for you."

If you get a chance, read the whole talk. I challenge you to humbly pray and to wait for an answer, to be open to the Holy Spirit to let your heart know what you  need to do to move forward. Perhaps you need to forgive someone, or you need to ask someone for their forgiveness. Be open to the answer and prepared to act on it. The Spirit can show us our weaknesses but He can also make known our strengths.

What greater gift can the Lord give to us than the knowledge of how we can improve upon ourselves so that we may be prepared to be with Him again. Our gift to The Savior this Christmas season can be our willingness to prioritize our personal improvement and spiritual growth, to be better, to climb higher, to be more like Him.


I love you all so much!!

Elder Nimmo



 "climb higher"

"And he saith unto them, Follow me,


and I will make you fishers of men." 
Matthew 4:19



No comments:

Post a Comment