Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week 85

"Will you not love Him who first loved you?  Then keep His commandments. Will you not be a friend to Him who laid down His life for His friends? Then keep His commandments. Will you not abide in His love and receive all that He graciously offers you? Then keep His commandments."

Elder D. Todd Christofferson

Monday, March 6th, 2017



A Sister Koch selfie of a car full of missionaries.


Hey Everyone!

This week was low-key chill. We had an odd start to the week because of transfers. 

We had a few solid days of work however because of interviews as well as the Zone conference we didn't have ample time to work in our area. After Zone conference on Friday I had surgery on my toe for the second time. This time wasn't as bad during the surgery but afterward it got pretty crazy. Today I go to get my stitches taken out and afterwards we are going bowling! I'm not sure if I will bowl due to my toe.

We have some good people that we're teaching. One couple in particular are great, Aurelio and Michela. There is just one problem, they don't want to get married NOW. Michela doesn't believe in love that lasts forever so she doesn't see her marriage going very far. That is what we need to help her gain a testimony of, because she already has a testimony of everything else.

At Zone conference we read a talk entitled "Abide in My Love" by Elder D. Todd Christofferson. I would like to share a small part of that talk with all of you:


What a precious gift is divine love! Filled with that love, Jesus asks, “Will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?” Tenderly He reassures, “Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come… will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.”

Will you not love Him who first loved you?  Then keep His commandments. Will you not be a friend to Him who laid down His life for His friends? Then keep His commandments. Will you not abide in His love and receive all that He graciously offers you? Then keep His commandments. I pray that we will feel and fully abide in His love, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I loved this talk because it's hard not to love Jesus. He is our Savior and Redeemer. He did everything for our benefit. I suggest you read the entire talk. I like the end of it in particular because it gives such a loving invite from the Savior himself, to turn ourselves away from the natural man, repent of our sins, and keep His commandments. We do all of this because we love Him and He loves us. Just like Elder Christofferson prayed, I also pray, that we feel and fully abide in His love.

I love the mission and I hope that however my mission ends, it will end brightly.

I love you all and wish you a good week!

Elder Nimmo


Zone conference

I got my haircut short.
Meet my new companion Elder Smith from Ogden, Utah. 


No comments:

Post a Comment