Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 87

"This is how I want myself and my companion to work. In unison and with the authority of God, through the power of His Holy Spirit."


"I hope they call me on a mission when I have grown a foot or two." 
Cole with his first "companion" - his little sister Savannah.


Hey Everyone!

This week was good but not as good as we hoped it to be. We had to let go of some people that we had been teaching which is always hard so we can find others who are prepared to act on the message that we teach.

Also there is a lot of crazy stuff happening in the mission and I can't confirm this week what is happening but I will let you all know next week. All I know is that I might never go to Swaziland. 

I wanted to share a scripture with you all in the book of Alma. It is the story of Alma and Amulek and how they worked so well together as missionary companions.

In these verses in Alma 11 and 12 it reads. 

Alma 11:39  And Amulek said unto him: Yea, he is the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth, and all things which in them are; he is the beginning and the end, the first and the last;

Alma 11:46  Now, when Amulek had finished these words the people began again to be astonished, and also Zeezrom began to tremble. And thus ended the words of Amulek, or this is all that I have written.

Alma 12:1  Now Alma, seeing that the words of Amulek had silenced Zeezrom, for he beheld that Amulek had caught him in his lying and deceiving to destroy him, and seeing that he began to tremble under a consciousness of his guilt, he opened his mouth and began to speak unto him, and to establish the words of Amulek, and to explain things beyond, or to unfold the scriptures beyond that which Amulek had done.

This is how I want myself and my companion to work. In unison and with the authority of God, through the power of His Holy Spirit. If we successfully do this we will have no difficulties helping those to know the truth of the Gospel.

I know that the work will progress rapidly if we all have courage like these two servants of the Lord. And I know we will be blessed for defending the truth continually, whether it be easy or difficult.

I love you all! Until next week!


Elder Nimmo

P.S. - Sorry, no photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment