Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Week 88

"I love the mission and I will be sad when I have to leave." 


Monday, March 27th, 2017


Two brothers.


Hey Everyone,

This week was good! We had a decent amount of investigators in church this week and they should progress to baptism. I just won't be here to see it due to weddings and other preparations. I love the mission and I will be sad when I have to leave. 

This week I wanted to tell you all about the love I have developed for this people. There are some of the craziest people, other words that I only know how to say in dialect, and in spite of all of their faults I still love them for who they are. I hope that I can always do this with people in the future. 

In Mark 12:31 it reads,

"And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." 

I love this scripture. After commanding us to love God we are then commanded to love our neighbor. I am sure I have already talked about this scripture but I think it applies to multiple things.  

The first time I spoke of this scripture I spoke of how we need to learn to love ourselves first. Hopefully we have all mastered that aspect. Now I speak of showing others the love we have for them. It is pretty simple to understand and I don't think it needs much of an explanation. However I invite all of you to love your neighbor.

I love the gospel and living it brings me joy.

Have a great week!

Elder Nimmo

African tree.

This area is Intaka.

We travel far to teach here.

The calm...

...before the storm.

Elder Smith and I take the long bus ride back home to Magoanine.


No comments:

Post a Comment