Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 27

"Baptism is like a door. And behind that door lies a path. On that path we have joy, peace and comfort. We also have problems on that path. But because of the doorway in which we enter those obstacles are diminished by the overwhelming love that each and everyone of us possesses."

Monday, January 25th, 2016


Faque was baptized!



Hello Everyone!

This week has been extremely memorable. One thing that I will never forget is my 6 month mark on the 22nd of this past week. But also... Faque was baptized! He is a great friend and has a strong testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It was such a good day! 

I had the privilege to enter into the waters with Faque and baptize him. It was very odd not being outside of the water observing someone being baptized but actually performing the sacred ordinance of baptism. 

We were able to play soccer with the youth of the church again. We tied 7-7. But also we found a chameleon! I picked it up. It didn't change color too much though. It tries to bite you but it can't do anything to hurt you. Everyone here thinks they are poisonous or dangerous. They are not, trust me. 

This week my spiritual thought will be about baptism. In 2 Nephi 31: 5 it reads:

 5 And now, if the Lamb of God, he being holy, should have need to be baptized by water, to fulfill all righteousness, O then, how much more need have we, being unholy, to be baptized, yea, even by water!

Every one of us needs to be baptized. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and He was the only person to ever live a completely perfect life. He showed that everyone, even a man who was perfect, needs to be baptized. We all are human. We all make mistakes. And we all want to be better. The only way we can do that is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. When we repent and are baptized we become clean. Every single bad feeling and thought we have that is hidden inside us vanishes. And we do not need to worry about it anymore. Baptism is like a door. And behind that door lies a path. On that path we have joy, peace and comfort. We also have problems on that path. But because of the doorway in which we enter those obstacles are diminished by the overwhelming love that each and everyone of us possesses. I know that God loves us. That we are His children and He is our Heavenly Father. I know He has provided a way for us to return, through His plan, we will live with Him again. I know these things are true. And if you do not know they are true I invite each and everyone of you to discover and know for yourselves. And I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Have a good week! I love you all!


Elder Nimmo

P.S. Happy Birthday Mom! I love you so much! I know you can feel my love all the way from Africa.


Get ready for baptism photos overload:





Faque was confirmed in church on Sunday.


Soccer again on P-day with the young men in the church, tied 7-7!


Look! Pasquel from Tangled!



Cute chameleon...

which everyone is afraid of...

but I'm not.



No comments:

Post a Comment