Thursday, March 17, 2016

Throwback Thursday

"Mostly, we don't remember the days, we remember the moments."



Whitewashing in a white van?

Thursday, March 17th, 2016




This post is from Brandi Nimmo:

It felt like Christmas morning this week! I joined two new Facebook groups of mothers with sons/daughters serving missions in Mozambique, I also found the Mozambique Mission President’s blog. I was able to look back through all the posts/entries since Elder Nimmo arrived in Africa back in September and I found some throwback photos that made me smile. Even better, I connected with Sister Michele Koch, the Mission President’s wife, and she sent me some video clips which Cole happens to be in. I love to see my son! 

Like I said, Christmas morning. 


We communicated via message on Facebook and she let me know that she would be seeing him this weekend in Beira during a Ward Conference and would be taking more photos of him:








After a successful Missionary Worldwide Training they had pizza...

...that is one pizza each,

and one happy boy!




Where's Waldo? I mean Elder Nimmo? In February 2016, Elder D. Todd Christofferson visited Mozambique, taught the missionaries and shook their hands. What a special opportunity for our son during his mission.



Motola Zone Conference last October 2015.

As per usual, tall ones in the back. Elder Nimmo is just right of center.


Some of "The Crew" - Elder Nimmo, Elder Brown, Elder Silva and Elder Rash, but not sure who the other two young men are. 



For those of you who would like to see both areas in Mozambique where Elder Nimmo has served, Maputo and Beira, and get a feel for the part of Africa that he is serving, you can watch this short video that the LDS church recently released.


Published on Feb 17, 2016

In Africa 30 years ago, the Church had 137 separate congregations and about 22,000 members. Today, there are more than 1,600 congregations and half a million members — that's 11 times more wards and branches and 20 times more members than in 1985. 

No comments:

Post a Comment