Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 35

"...I have completed 1/3 of my mission, so crazy!"


Monday, March 21, 2016


I've got Elder Griffeth on my right and Elder Couch on my left.




8 Months!!!!! Whatt???!!!!!

So with all the other missionaries that left the MTC with me always talking around me, its hard not to know that I have completed 1/3 of my mission, so crazy! In one year from right now, I will be going home in 18 weeks, a little bit less. It's weird to think about. 

This week was good. Hot, but good. We had Stake Conference and it was packed! So many people! I found out the family I was teaching: Joao, Amelia, Dalton, Alberto, will all be baptized in April. It's a very bittersweet feeling. I'm beyond happy that they will be baptized but a little sad I won't be able to be there to witness it. 

But there are many people here that I know can accomplish the same thing with a little bit of faith. 

One thing that is crucial for any person who wants to know that this church is true, or that anything is true for that matter, is to have faith. There is no point in trying to know the truth of something if you don't want to get the answer. If you don't work for something (show your faith through actions) then it profits nothing. Our faith is then dead, non-existent. I know that for anything that is worthwhile we first need to know that the thing in which we so desire is of value, that it will improve our lives. If we have that, we have a reason to work for it, and when we work for it we will have faith in that thing. 

I pray each one of us can be more faithful in every aspect of our lives. But most importantly being faithful enough to trust in the Lord. I hope each one of us can have this faith every day. I know this gospel is true because of the faith which I had to exercise to know of its truthfulness. I leave this thought with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Nimmo


Me and Elder Finau.



A message for my momma.


Beira Zone Conference.

Food...

...and friends.


My Mission President and his wife, Sister Koch (left)


Selfie Sunday at Stake Conference.
Peace.

Big boy.
I think I'll name you Ungoliant. (Lord of the Rings)


No comments:

Post a Comment