Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 24

"I hope you all had a wonderful start to your New Year! ...Luckily I was able to sleep through the fireworks and noisemakers that they have here."


Monday, January 4th, 2016


Some things never change! hahaha!


Hey Everyone! 

I hope you all had a wonderful start to your New Year! Mine was spent working! We had to come in early at 17:00 (5:00 p.m.) and work in the morning because of the parties at night. Luckily I was able to sleep through all the fireworks and noisemakers that they have here. What a blessing! Also I need my sleep, more than ever. But I have just been overwhelmed this past month with love and support from friends and family, it has given me energy so thank you!

Surprisingly I am able to function and still work hard despite the amount of memories I had of home. 2016 is going to be a great year. I get to be a missionary serving Heavenly Father for a complete year. Yes I serve for two years but to serve a whole year without breaks! I know that I will have so many memories I won't be able to share them all. Such a blessing in my life is the ability to write in a journal. I would forget some amazing things if I didn't write in my journal. Anyways that was just a small invite to keep a journal this year for a nice resolution. 

These next few months will be getting very wet here in Mozambique and I am excited! It is so hot! Africa could use some rain! *Dun dun dah dun duh dun* *wind chimes*. That was that song by Toto about raining in Africa. You're welcome! haha!

Anyways I am so grateful for a new year! Many people say a new year a new slate. It's true! You can move on to set goals and better yourself. One thing that is very special is that you can have a clean slate every week. At church every Sunday we take the Sacrament and there is nothing I love more. You can feel perfectly clean every week, and because of that you are happy and change happens inside of you. You can feel the Love of the Savior and the companionship of the Holy Ghost. I know that through this we can be blessed and truly have an eternal and everlasting change in our lives. I love you all and wish you well this New Year!

Sincerely,

Elder Nimmo




My first comp, Elder Keck, left today to the United States. His mission is already over!

No comments:

Post a Comment