Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 42


“I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, and set you and your families free. That is my missionary promise to you and your missionary - message to the world.” 
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland


Monday, May 9th, 2016



 "The many faces of Elder Nimmo! I know that as much as I miss my missionary, as hard as it was to hang up from the Skype call today, as much as I would love to put my arms around him right now and hold him, I was able to "dry my tears and bind up my broken heart." I am "free" from dread and pain of having him gone because his purpose of spreading the gospel is far greater than my missing him. As long as I know he is safe, healthy and happy, I can wait until that beautiful reunion when I will throw my arms around him with tears of joy and a full heart."     
Brandi Nimmo aka Mother of Cole



Hello everyone,

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day! 

Short but sweet letter today but what I lack in message I make up for in photos! This week went by very fast. We had a lot of stuff to do and a lot of things happened.

Elder Carvalho went home today so to celebrate we went to Biques for lunch on the beach Friday. The food was great as usual. 

Saturday five couples were married and 29 people were baptized. No one really gets married in Mozambique. It was a great day! 

And to end the week I had the opportunity to speak with my family and to see my mother! Skyping always goes by so fast for the little amount of time that we have. After our call, we were fed by the senior missionary couple. It was a great end to our day. 

I just want to testify that I know this church to be true and that this is the Lord's work and it is progressing. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


Elder Nimmo


Beach life with my comp!

Goodbye lunch for Elder Carvalho.





First comes marriage...








...then comes baptism!


A memorable day.



Missionary madness


and mayhem!


Happy Mother's Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment