Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Week 23

"This Christmas will be one that I'll never forget."


Monday, December 28th, 2015


It was an amazing Christmas!


Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! 

This Christmas will be one that I'll never forget! It started off with us waking up and going to the mission office first thing in the morning. When we arrived at 9:30, we were greeted by other missionaries and were able to talk for about 30 minutes. After we had a special Christmas program that consisted of singing every single Christmas hymn in the Portuguese language. To say the least it was awesome. Also every missionary brought a tie to give to another missionary. Elder Nielsen gave me a very stylish Tiger tie, also awesome. I absolutely loved the spirit I felt as we remembered the reason for the season. 

After the music program we were together talking while a big lunch was being made. It was the best lunch I have had in the mission so far. I sat with my old trainer Elder Keck and Elder Brown during lunch and directly after eating I was able to Skype with my family. It was a wonderful Christmas blessing. I was actually the first one to Skype and one of the few without technical difficulties. I had a little bit more than 45 minutes with them but it went by too fast, it felt like one minute. It made me feel like I was home for Christmas. 

After I had an interview with President Koch, and we ate dessert of cake and chocolate (Oreo Chocolate). It was way good! Also we watched "It's A Wonderful Life" which made me feel even more at home. Such a great film. Afterwards we all went home and went to bed. 

It was an amazing Christmas. I know that my Savior lives and loves me. I know that He is always here. We can have His spirit to be with us always and feel the Spirit of Christmas always if we remember Him. I know this with all my heart. 

Wishing you a Happy New Year!!


Elder Nimmo


 The Skype session

went by way too fast.

             It felt like 

               one minute!


Just before me and my roommates left for our Christmas celebration at the mission office.

Great to catch up with these Elders.
My old trainer Elder Keck.














Elder Payne and I.
Elder Brown and I.















The Santa hat was a little small! My last companion Elder Trindade, Elder Roque and I. 


Feliz Natal!

Photo albums of family and Christmas past!

Gifts galore!

My very stylish Tiger tie! hahaha! Thanks Elder Nielsen!


New pants and ties from my family, these are more my style! 

Favorite cereal!




   









Requested Shout spot remover and taco seasoning to make our cooking taste better!

Favorite candy! There are no Swedish Fish, Skittles, or sour candy in Mozambique.













My mom knew that I would be missing the new Star Wars film so she sent me some themed gifts!



May the FORCE be with me!




No comments:

Post a Comment