Friday, December 25, 2015

Week 22

"I hope all of you can find Him this holiday season. I know He loves me. He loves you. He loves each and every one of us."


Monday, December 21st, 2015



Thank you so much to everyone for the many Christmas letters of love and support.



Hello Everyone!

So it's Christmas this week! So excited! Primarily because we are able to celebrate the birth of the most important person who ever lived and will ever live on the Earth. We get to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ! What a gift! And an extra gift, I get to talk with my family and see them via Skype!

I'm not going to talk about the work here in Africa this past week but I'd like to share my thoughts on the Savior.

There are many names we give Jesus of Nazareth. We call Him friend, carpenter, teacher, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Prince of Peace, Light of the World, Savior, and Redeemer. For me all these names are true. There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus truly is the Christ. I come from a family of four sisters and no brothers. My whole life I always wanted a brother and was sad that I didn't have one growing up. I didn't think I would ever have a brother. Because of that, it's very special to me, the knowledge that Jesus is all of these things that have I have said above, but He is my brother as well. I am grateful for Him, He knows and loves me more than any brother ever could. I am blessed to have felt His arms embrace me when I needed Him the most. He truly comforts us just like any older brother should. I am so thankful for the blessing to know He is my Savior and because of Him all men are saved, even a man like me. Without Him I am nothing. He truly brings "peace on earth" and "good will towards all men." I hope to help others feel His love and come to Him this Christmas season as I try to be more like Him and feed His sheep. Once more I express my sincere gratitude for Him. And I share these things in His holy name, the babe who was born in Bethlehem, Jesus The Christ, Amen.

I hope all of you can find Him this holiday season. I know He loves me. He loves you. He loves each and every one of us. 

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

-- 

Elder Nimmo




 We attended a wedding! Elder Watteyne and Elder Brown were invited to their investigator's wedding and we were invited as well. The newlyweds were baptized the next day.



Elders at a wedding!


More wedding photos...


The sunset on the way home -

My companion Elder Silva and I after leaving the wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment