Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 81

"I really hope that my patience may become a strength and that in the future it will bless my relationships. I think I can learn a lot more about patience this transfer."


Part of the T-3 gang.



Hello Everyone,

Pats Nation!!!!!!!! So pumped! I guess my good luck has a universal range!

So my area changed for now from Intaka to a place called Cumbeza and Guava. Which is a lot closer to where we live. I'm now in the Mahotas ward. I don't think we'll ever get a car now. The work is going well and we are finding lots of people to teach.

We had Stake Conference this Sunday and I saw a lot of people from old wards where I served! T-3 is definitely my favorite ward in Maputo as of now. I saw a member from Maxixe there, Andre Chambal! And we had a great lunch afterwards, BBQ Chicken and Mashed Potatoes. 

Our area is huge and I hope we can start having some great success. The new area we are serving in is practically untouched so we're pioneering into a great work. During our week of work, I thought a lot about patience and how it is so important when we think about becoming like Christ. I have had to practice a lot of patience this week.

In 2 Peter 1:6 it reads;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience 
godliness;

I really hope that my patience may become a strength and that in the future it will bless my relationships. I think I can learn a lot more about patience this transfer. 

I love the mission so much! And I am thankful for all the experiences I have had until now. 

I hope you all have a great week!

-- 

Elder Nimmo

The bus ride-

to Stake Conference from Magoanine.


Great to see Gersen, Bernardo, and Inacio from T-3.

Me with Faque, Naftal and a scrub from T-3.

Me with Carlos from Sommerschield. He's now in T-3.
























Me and Dique from T-3.























Me and Chambal from Maxixe.

My old comp Elder Hamilton.

Faque and I connected after Stake Conference. He was the first person that I ever baptized. Last Stake Conference he received the Melchezidek Priesthood.

This is a witch doctor's hut. They were performing a ritual when I took this photo.

Me in a giant hole.

A metaphor for life: Sometimes we're on top of the world...

...and sometimes we're in the pits.

Elder Chir Chir and I had some highs and lows this week, like all weeks.

You can't appreciate the view from the top if you haven't seen the bottom. 
It's all in the attitude! Have patience and keep climbing!







No comments:

Post a Comment