Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 9


One goal: to love everyone and look for ways to serve the people here.


Monday, September 21st, 2015



Hello Everyone,

So yesterday was my third Sunday in Mozambique and tomorrow is my two month mark. I'm not counting the days haha I just realized that and thought it was cool how fast the past couple months have gone by. I almost gave my first talk in church in Mozambique/ Portuguese. I am glad I didn't just because I'm not as good as I would like to be in the language. However the language is coming along very well. Right now Elder Keck and I have six families we are teaching in which we are not 100% familiar with. We feel so blessed to have found these families. All of them seem to be prepared in one way or another. 

This past week both me and Elder Keck felt everything begin to click in our brain in regards to how to get where we want to go. I guess that is one of the perks of walking all day. I love being able to teach lessons. So far I am able to teach the entire restoration in Portuguese. Not quickly but I can do it. Also I'm looking for more ways to serve the people of Mozambique. I'm trying to work on my charity and love and one goal I made was to love everyone and to look for ways to serve the people here. So far I have only helped a man move his car out of the way by pushing it but I am open to seeing more ways to help. Besides the regular missionary work, as you can imagine, nothing crazy has happened. 

I quickly want to thank everyone who has been writing me and who are reading these emails. It is nice to know more then just my family read these haha. I think one of the ways we are lifted up during the week, not including Sundays, are emails. It lets you feel like you aren't dead to the people back home. It actually makes me feel loved and blessed to have so much support. 

I am thankful for this Gospel and for its truth. I know that you can be happier than at any other point in your life if you put your life in the hands of our Savior. I know that families can be together forever and through the infinite Atonement of Jesus Christ we can be saved if we follow Him. I love all of you and pray for all of you everyday. If you ever want someone to talk to I am here for two years and not going anywhere haha. Wishing you all well.


Elder Nimmo




My apartment which I share with four other missionaries.




We sleep under mosquito netting and take a malaria pill daily, mission rules.


No comments:

Post a Comment