Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 10

...I have noticed how blessed I am and everyone in the United States as well...we have so much to be thankful for...


Monday, September 28th, 2015




Hello everyone!

Last week we had a pretty awesome P-Day. Photos attached haha. We went to the beach and played volleyball. My hair is long but I get it cut today so next week you'll be able to compare photos. 

Anyway, what can I say about this past week. Quickly, for clarification, Elder Keck is my only trainer but I live with Elder Mortimer and Elder Chase this transfer. Also Elder Chase slept on the bunk below me in the MTC! Elder Mochaki and Harmaans left to Angola this week so they are officially in the mission they were called to. The area we are in is usually pretty difficult to get contacts in because most people we talk to are just in the city for work. However, we are getting great results and somehow we're reaching our goals.

The people here are great and I am learning so much. Spiritually, I am learning a lot. I am just finishing up the book of Alma and almost done with 1 Nephi in Portuguese. The language is also progressing. I am able to understand the people here a lot better than a couple weeks ago. Also, I am learning dialect already. I know how to say good morning, afternoon and night which is actually six words depending on if it is one person or more than one. I also know thank you, I love you, I'm good, and other words I can't remember at the moment haha. 

Also I have taken almost every transport so far in Mozambique, just need to take a bike taxi when I go up north. Unfortunately, I may not be here next transfer. I really love this area and would love to stay longer but there is a good chance I may go to Quelimane next transfer. I know I will go where I am supposed to go.

I hope everyone in the states are doing well. In this email I want to talk about what I have been working on recently. I've been trying to develop charity and love. So far I am learning to love the people each day and I try to find ways to serve them. But while I have done this I have noticed how blessed I am and everyone in the United States as well. We have so much to be thankful for and many times I think we over look them because we take them for granted. The people here take everything with such gratitude and love. A hello is like a special gift, a short conversation can make their day. I think of Christ and am blessed to know he loves each of us perfectly and never looks inward but always turns outward. I hope everyone can look for the blessings they have been given this coming week. I wish you all well!


Elder Nimmo






Pardon the sisters in the photo as they were blocking the shot of the city of Maputo.








My trainer Elder Keck and me at the beach.


Still at the beach.




The building where the woman is standing in the background is where we send/receive emails from our friends and family every p-day. L to R: Elder Mortimer, Elder Keck and Elder Chase resting on some tires in the playground. (shown below)





No comments:

Post a Comment