Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 65

"This is why I am here, sharing this great news so that the people I meet can know of this plan of happiness and their lives can be changed forever."


Monday, October 17th, 2016


Elder Nimmo  - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints


Hey Everyone!

This week was pretty good!

I was finally able to watch General Conference! (In Portuguese)

I really liked Thomas S. Monson's talk, as always. He spoke about something that everyone needs to know - The Plan of Salvation!

"Our Father's plan for our happiness and our salvation is shared by our missionaries throughout the world. Not all who hear this divine message accept and embrace it. However, men and women everywhere...recognize its truths, and they plant their feet on the path that will lead them safely home. Their lives are forever changed."

This is why I am here, sharing this great news so that the people I meet can know of this plan of happiness and their lives can be changed forever.

Our leader reminds us that, "Essential to the plan is our Savior, Jesus Christ. Without His atoning sacrifice, all would be lost. It is not enough, however, merely to believe in Him and His mission. We need to work and learn, search and pray, repent and improve. We need to know God's laws and live them. We need to receive His saving ordinances. Only by so doing will we obtain true, eternal happiness." 

President Monson continued saying, "We are blessed to have the truth. We have a mandate to share the truth. Let us live the truth, that we might merit all the Father has for us. He does nothing save it be for our benefit. He has told us, 'This is my work and my glory - to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.'"

Our Prophet closed with this testimony, "From the depths of my soul and in all humility, I testify of the great gift which is our Father's plan for us. It is the one perfect path to peace and happiness both here and in the world to come."

I love General Conference and how it reminds us of what we need to work on, how we should continue to grow, and it helps us to remember what we hold dear in our hearts. We are blessed to have the truth and I'm grateful I can be here in Mozambique to share the truth and I'll continue to live it.

I hope you are all doing well and that you have a great week!


Love you!

Elder Nimmo


P.S. Oh yeah, we got bikes. 



Elder Tanner, our bikes and our pretty helmets. 
First time on my mission that I haven't been walking. #grateful


"It's a lovely day in the neighborhood..."


"...won't you be my neighbor?"



No comments:

Post a Comment