Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 95

"I'm hopeful that my final weeks will end well and I'll return home to the family and the land that I love so very much."


Monday, May 15th, 2017



The many faces of my sweet missionary. What a wonderful Mother's Day Skype with my son!
(Brandi Nimmo)



Hey Everyone!

Long time no see. However I did see my family yesterday for Mother's Day and that was the best! My parents, grandparents and my four sisters were all together through the miracle of technology. Despite the stormy weather that was happening both in Swaziland and New Hampshire, we were fortunate to still get a great amount of Skype time with each other. Some missionaries weren't as lucky.

I don't have a lot of time left on my mission but my goal is to keep working hard and go out strong. Me and my companion are teaching a great family and I'm excited to see their progression. I'm hopeful that my final weeks will end well and I'll return home to the family and the land that I love so very much.

So I have just finished the book of Jacob in the Book of Mormon and I really enjoyed chapter 4, mainly because it talks of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

In Chapter 4:9-11 it reads:

9 For behold, by the power of his word man came upon the face of the earth, which earth was created by the power of his word. Wherefore, if God being able to speak and the world was, and to speak and man was created, O then, why not able to command the earth, or the workmanship of his hands upon the face of it, according to his will and pleasure?

10 Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works.

11 Wherefore, beloved brethren, be reconciled unto him through the atonement of Christ, his Only Begotten Son, and ye may obtain a resurrection, according to the power of the resurrection which is in Christ, and be presented as the first-fruits of Christ unto God, having faith, and obtained a good hope of glory in him before he manifesteth himself in the flesh.

When I read these words written by Jacob I think of the knowledge and power God has and how we should align our will to His. I love how much the Book of Mormon talks about the Atonement. In verse 11 he tells us that it is through Christ we are redeemed and are "reconciled unto him... before he manifesteth himself in the flesh."

I know that the only way to be happy in this life is to reconcile with God for our faults and our lack of self control. I know Christ lives. He loves us!

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Nimmo


My great family!

And a great family that I'm currently teaching.



Smile!

Say hello to my little friend - tiny tree frog.






No comments:

Post a Comment