Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 96

"I love the fact that I feel this great love. I believe it will be the thing I miss the most from the mission, feeling God's love for His wonderful children."


Monday, May 22nd, 2017

Swaziland Zone Conference - I'm back row/center


Hey Everyone!

Last Transfer!!!!! Wow! 

So I will "die" in Sidwashini (that's a missionary slang term for last area before leaving the mission) and my last companion will be Elder Alvarado. We actually lived together in the same house during my second transfer of my mission. 

I am so excited! We have people preparing for baptism, a fun activity planned for June 3rd, and on June 2nd a mission tour with Elder Palmer, a Seventy and counselor in the Southeast Africa Area Presidency. I feel this last transfer will go by very fast.

This week I don't have a whole lot to share. Elder Guilherme is gone with many other missionaries and I stayed with Elder Nelson, Elder Morris and now I am currently with Elder Nery waiting for our new companions. It feels very odd because I know that working hard for these last few weeks and then leaving everything behind will be very hard. 

My thought for this week isn't a scripture but just some personal reflection. Just yesterday I felt so much love for the people I have taught and I am currently teaching. And in just six short weeks I have felt my love for the people of Swaziland grow so much. For that same reason I'm so happy to be staying in my area. 

I love the fact that I feel this great love. I believe it will be the thing I miss the most from the mission, feeling God's love for His wonderful children. I feel happy when I testify of that love, God's love for His sons and daughters. I can testify of that pure love which God has for every one of them, and it gives me joy when they can feel that love. There are so many people here who have recognized that beautiful feeling as we have taught them and I have seen their joy increase.

I love the Lord, I praise my Eternal Father, and I express a longing gratitude for His everlasting love and mercy.

I love you all - have a great week.


Elder Nimmo

Goodbye to Elder Morris -

Goodbye to Elder Nelson -

Sister Tsela with my old companion. Said goodbye to Elder Guilherme.



No comments:

Post a Comment