Thursday, April 27, 2017

Week 92

"Hold on to your faith in those hard times. Look up to Christ for strength, balance, and healing. Through the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, 'all things shall work together for your good.'”

Elder Yoon Hwan Choi


Wednesday April 26th, 2017




Choose the Right --> 


Hey Everyone!

Sorry for the late post, it was the King's birthday on Monday so there was a holiday to celebrate it Monday and Tuesday. His actual birthday was last week but he didn't want to share his birthday with the Easter weekend so he changed it. Perks of being a King I guess.

This week was good. We will definitely have a baptism in May. We hope to have several if we work hard and prepare our investigators.

Nothing too crazy happened this week however we will have a new Mission President by the next time I write you. We will be traveling to Mozambique to meet President Senna and Sister Senna.

We live in Mbabane but we work in Sidwashini, Waterford, Cobonga, Mpolonjeni, Makholokholo and other places. Lots of hills! We witnessed some self policing when a person stole something and got beat up by a mob of people! *lesson learned 

I just wanted to share a little thought with you this week: 

Elder Yoon Hwan Choi gave a great talk encouraging us to look up, not around. 

"One day, a few months after my baptism, I heard some members criticizing each other in church. I was very disappointed. I went home and told my father that maybe I should not go to church anymore. It was difficult to see members criticize others like that. After listening, my father taught me that the gospel had been restored and it is perfect but members are not yet, neither himself nor me. He firmly said, 'Do not lose your faith because of the people around you, but build a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. Don’t look around, look up!' ”

Elder Choi goes on to say, "Hold on to your faith in those hard times. Look up to Christ for strength, balance, and healing. Through the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, “all things shall work together for your good.'”

I want to remind you to do this always - to remember your eternal potential. To do that which is pleasing unto our Heavenly Father now and do what is pleasing in the long run. Don't worry about the imperfection around you, keep looking up!

I love this gospel!

Have a great week!


Elder Nimmo



Three greenies

Elder Smith

Me and Matilde.


I'm off to my new area -

On the road 


to Swaziland



Giraffe! The first African wildlife I've seen on my mission.



Welcome to my apartment!



Living room



Kitchen


Front and backyard




I'm a good cook now.




This is closer to the area where we work.


Hills.


Hills.

And more hills.


Over by the winding road is area that we have been working.


Me and Elder Guilherme are teaching this family.


We teach with scriptures and the Spirit.

And then we go back home.



We do service.



Our drive to the service project.


It had really cool views.

Then we arrived.


And then we had to walk.


Work begins.


"...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." 
Mosiah 2:17



Candid captured by my companion.
No idea what I was doing.



Caterpillar.



Caterpillar.



"When one takes on the armor of God, fear retreats into the shadows."  Brad Wilcox









No comments:

Post a Comment