Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 83

...it would be very easy for people to give up because of difficulties but I know that even through the tough times we are able to do that which is right, with the Savior by our side and including Him in all we do."


Monday, February 20th, 2017



"...the refiner's fire does make us stronger."



Hey Everyone!

This week the work was super good!

We have a couple that we are teaching who are preparing to be baptized on the first of April! We hope they continue progressing towards this life changing blessing. We found a lot of people again this week and we are hoping to continue finding new people to teach. Four people came to church so we were super excited that our area being so far from the church doesn't impede some of our investigators from coming!

It's hard to believe that I will be going home in July. I have enjoyed my mission so much and serving the people here in Mozambique has taught me so much. But it has not been without some adversity and trials, and they have been especially tough as of late. I say this because it would be very easy for people to give up because of difficulties but I know that even through the tough times we are able to do that which is right, with the Savior by our side and including Him in all we do. I have a testimony that the refiner's fire does make us stronger.

In 2 Nephi 31:20 it reads:

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life


I know that each and every one of us can continue forward relying on Christ to help us. I know that we need to do our part through enduring the challenges and obstacles that face us. And if we do these things while we continually learn from our mistakes we can become better people, more like Jesus and we can receive the blessing of Eternal life. 

I love you all and I desire a great week for all of you!

Love,


Elder Nimmo

P.S. Sorry for the lack of photos - only one. This is like a yogurt made out of something called Marfura. I also had a fish eye this week!

Marfura: This tasted like creamy tree bark...mmmmmm!






No comments:

Post a Comment