Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 25

"So many times in life we want to find a better life. But we are fooled in thinking that a better life is a life in which we are ruled by the things of the world. We aspire to have more material things, more money, but we can be blinded and lose our life."

Monday, January 11th, 2016


"Lose yourselves to find yourselves."


Greetings to the best of people! 

What time is it? TRANSFER TIME!!!!!!! 

Elder Nimmo is staying in T-3! I am beyond excited. I will write more next week!! But this week was great! We walked a lot and it was high 90s low 100s every day this week! It did rain one night though. We weren't awake for it. So I have written every day in my journal since the new year and I am super happy about it! I know that it will be such a blessing to have this journal in the future. Elder Walton came to the T-3 house from Beira and Elder Brown left. The house is the exact same except now we have a new District Leader (Elder Walton). 

Also we cleaned our house today. It looks so nice. One thing that was extremely fun that we did today was that we played the Jovens (Youth) at soccer and at basketball. We knew we were gonna destroy them at basketball but we thought we were gonna be crushed in soccer. We destroyed in basketball. It was the worst game of basketball I have ever seen. I had never played basketball here until today and now I know why, Mozambicans use all their time playing soccer so they are not the best at basketball. But a miracle happened. We played soccer and we won! We beat the Mozambicans! Five Americans and a Brazilian! We won 8-5! At first we won 6-5 but then they asked for 3 more minutes so they could win. The 3 minutes pass and we ended up getting two more goals! I felt so, patriotic I guess is the best word to describe it. Americans who just have never played soccer on a team beat people who had played their whole life. It was something special! All of the youth were great though! Just a huge win today! Maybe I'll be able to beat some of my friends at soccer when I get back. (Rob Chris Josh) Look out! Im coming for you in 2017!

Something that I was just thinking about was passage which I studied that rings true to me every time I think about it. It is a very special scripture in the New Testament in the gospel of Mathew. Chapter 10 verse 39 says:

 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

I love this scripture so much! So many times in life we want to find a better life. But we are fooled in to thinking that a better life is a life in which we are ruled by the things of the world. We aspire to have more material things, more money, but we can be blinded and lose our life. We can forget why we came here and where we are going. When we lose our life in service and follow the will of our Father in Heaven we see our potential. We see the things God wants for us. Not the things we want for ourselves. A good father will always know what is best for his children. We are God's children, He is our perfect Father and He knows what is best for us. I want to testify that I know when we lose our lives for the sake of others we will find our lives. We will find the things that bring us the most happiness and peace and we will be the people we want to be. I know that God loves each and everyone of His children. He knows us individually by name. He wants more for us than just the things of the world. I know these things are true. And I share these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

Have a wonderful week! Lose yourselves to find yourselves!

Elder Nimmo


P.S. Love you guys! 

{I FIND YOUR LACK OF STRENGTH DISTURBING}

No comments:

Post a Comment