Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 6

Elder Nimmo has left the building...


Sunday, August 30th, 2015



Last email in the United States! Ahhhh!

I feel so many different emotions right now. Mostly anxiety because I have to pack right after this but I feel such a yearning to go and serve the people of Africa and teach them of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Estou Muito Animado!!!!! I have had such a great experience here in the MTC but I know the Lord needs me elsewhere. Our travel group was cut in half from 16 to 8 people. The other people have to wait another week and a half in the MTC. I feel blessed to be going so soon but I know that the people who are waiting are there for a purpose. Just like the Lord is preparing people for me to meet, the Lord is preparing people for them. If I have learned anything in the MTC it is that God is omniscient and good! He loves all His children and knows what everyone needs before they do. 

I quickly want to thank my wonderful family who have always been there to support me in all things in my life. I have felt your love and continue to feel it everyday. Thank you to all the leaders in the ward and the members both in the NH and in MA. I would especially like to thank my friends. My friends have always supported me and helped me to live the standards of the church and to uphold my morals. Without them I would not have had as much happiness as I have in my life. 

For all the young men in the Bedford ward, listen carefully, a mission is the best thing you will do in your life. I encourage you all and pray that you will all want to serve the Lord as you see how He has blessed your life, so that you may bless the lives of others for Him. Feed His sheep! I have felt the love of God so much in these past 6 weeks and have felt my soul and heart grow closer to Him. I pray for all of you and I hope all of you are doing swell! "If ye love me keep my commandments."- John 14:15 

My father taught me something very valuable before my mission and that is to love others as I love Christ. I love my Savior. I know He died for me and suffered for my mistakes and sins so that I might be made whole through Him. Love others. I pray you might let the light of Christ shine through you in works and deed. I have to go but I will send word of Africa soon! I love you all so much, this church is true and brings happiness and peace to everyone. I know these things to be true. 

Talk to you all soon and I hope to hear from you!

Elder Nimmo


P.S. Last photos of the Provo MTC experience, there are a lot!

Goodbye photo of Elder Nimmo's district. His Portuguese teacher asked the young men to seek out the ugliest tie they could borrow/find and wear it for the farewell photo. #success

Elder Nimmo and Irmao (meaning: brother) Nore, his Portuguese teacher.


This is where the missionaries ate three meals a day. Cole gained five pounds over the 6 weeks but not because of the MTC food but from all of the packages of Krispy Kream donuts, cookies, candy and junk food that his family and friends mailed to him.


He was able to attend the Provo temple -


six times while at the MTC.

 Elder Nimmo with his companion Elder Jimenez and Elder Mitchell with Elder Webber



Cole kept his sense of humor and  

 still found time to goof around!

These two friends were supposed to serve in Angola but at the last minute, because of visa issues, were reassigned to serve in Arizona. Many missionaries have problems with getting visas, Cole is thankful he is able to leave to serve in Mozambique right away.



Cole made some great NEW friends...


and reconnected with some OLD friends too!

The two "Coles", as people knew them in our Bedford/Manchester Wards and Concord Stake, have been friends since they were in the nursery together. 
Elder Cole Sansoucie will be serving in the Orem, Utah mission. 


This is the photo of Elder Nimmo with Elder Brown sent via text by a sweet woman at the SLC Airport. I'm so grateful that she offered up her phone for my son to call home before boarding his plane. 
After 4 flights, 9 times zones, and roughly 35 hours of travel he will arrive in Maputo, Mozambique. 
Then the REAL adventure begins! 


No comments:

Post a Comment