Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Week 3


It's a small Mormon world!


Tuesday August 11th, 2015



Look who Elder Nimmo connected with in the MTC! Elder Benjamin Carroll was in his Zone until yesterday when he left to serve in Brazil. 

These boys won Pinewood Derbies together, both worked hard to earn their Eagle Scout Award and now they're missionaries together. Elder Carroll moved away to Texas years after this photo was taken. 
Long hair was the look Cole was going for back in 2006.

    Shorter hair and a little taller for this full circle moment with an old friend from New Hampshire. 



Hey everyone! 

So update from this past week! Last Tuesday during devotional President Russell M. Nelson spoke to us and I got good enough seats to be within 100 ft of him! It was awesome! The MTC is great and I love it here. I was released as District Leader on Sunday and we lost another 5 people. Oh did I mention that Ben Carroll was in my Zone? Yeah he left yesterday for Brazil! I hope he does well. Everyone in my district feels love for each other and have a sense of brotherhood. I can feel bonds being made and I am excited for my return almost as much as I am excited to leave for Mozambique. I am loving the temple and I love that I get to go there every Tuesday and every Sunday for a Zone walk. My favorite parts of the day besides being in the class is being able to reflect at night in my journal and spend quality time with the Elders. 

My testimony has been strengthened so much in just three weeks in the MTC so I can only imagine how much it will grow over the next 23 1/2 months in the field. I want to let everyone know that I love them and appreciate all the support I have been given. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I can not deny Him. I know that God has a plan for each and every one of us and that His plan is meant to bring us happiness, peace, and comfort. Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God who restored Christ's church here on the Earth and I know it is led today by a Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. 

As I have begun to read the Book of Mormon over, I'm in the book of Mosiah and gaining a greater testimony of its teachings. I started reading the introduction pages and testimonies in the beginning of the book in the Portuguese Language. I began the book Jesus the Christ and I have never felt the spirit so strong or so constant in my whole life, nor have I worked so hard for something. I challenge everyone, my friends back home, my family and everyone who is reading this to think about what you want most in your life and what would bring you peace. I know that if you read the Book of Mormon and have a desire in your hearts, a desire to know the truth, the truth will be made manifest to you by the power of the Holy Ghost. I cannot turn away. All I can do now is work hard, and keep moving forward. 

If any of you would like to write me, I would enjoy that very much. I love you all and I know that I am where the Lord wants me to be.


Elder Nimmo


"If any of you would like to write me, I would enjoy that very much."

It sounds like Elder Nimmo would really appreciate hearing from you. I thought I would take this time to give you the address for the MTC where he will be until August 31st.

Elder Nicholas Carothers Nimmo
Mozambique, Maputo Mission box 143
Missionary Training Center
2005 N. 900 E. 
Provo, UT  84604

Email address: nicholas.nimmo@myldsmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment