Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 50

"That was a bias statement but with all the patriotism I have at the moment and the fore ordination of Joseph Smith and the God given inspiration of the Declaration of Independence I do believe it was not far from the truth."


Monday, July 4th, 2016


 Happy 4th of July from Mozambique!

"Everything has a purpose and our purpose is to have joy." #throwback


Hey Everyone!

Happy 4th of July from Mozambique!

I hope everyone has a great day and is able to celebrate with family and remember the sacrifices that were made by so many for us to be able to live in the greatest country on earth. 

That was a bias statement but with all the patriotism I have at the moment and the fore ordination of Joseph Smith and the God given inspiration of the Declaration of Independence I do believe it was not far from the truth.

I had a pretty strange week. Very different walking with members as a companion. For the next three weeks I'll be walking with Castello as my companion. Castello is a great member who is preparing to serve a mission and is sacrificing his vacation time to work serve with me. 

I am super excited. 

We have a mission tour tomorrow. Elder Ellis is coming to see our mission. Ill give you more info on that later. 

I hear there is quite a ruckus in politics at the moment but I'll see what has been happening in a year. 

Since it is Independence Day I will talk a little bit about how free we are as human beings.

Sorry if I already wrote about this scripture.

2 Nephi 2:27 reads:

27 Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself.

I know that God gave us this ability to choose in order to be happier. When we are good people we are happier. It's simple. We have so much freedom as children of God. And because America has been blessed by God this freedom continues with out impediment. There is a reason for everything in life. Everything has a purpose and our purpose is to have joy. The only way to do that is to live and keep the commandments of our Heavenly Father. I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Have a great day and week! God Bless America.


Elder Nimmo




No comments:

Post a Comment