Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 52

This week nothing crazy happened...just had a few marriage proposals, made to ME! I didn't enjoy explaining to them all the reasons why "No means No."


Monday, July 18th, 2016


Funny throwback to when Elder Nimmo's proposal turned to marriage! Cole was convinced to be the groom while Ali was the bride and Savannah was the flower girl. The joy of being the only brother surrounded by creative sisters. 



Hello Everybody! 

Today I am alone again. Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have another member walking with me. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thank you to everyone for all the support I have received over the past year. It has helped me to stay focused on the work and have the knowledge that I have a group of loved ones who are helping me every step of the way. 

This week nothing crazy happened...just had a few marriage proposals, made to ME! I didn't enjoy explaining to them all the reasons why "No means No." But that's pretty much the craziest thing that happened this week. Transfers will happen at the end of the month so we will see where I go next in a couple weeks. 

One thing that has helped me stay focused is a scripture about missionary work and a blessing that comes from it as a result.


In Doctrine and Covenants section 118 it reads:

3 Let the residue continue to preach from that hour, and if they will do this in al lowliness of heart, in meekness and humility, and long-suffering, I, the Lord, give unto them a promise that I will provide for their families; and an effectual door shall be opened for them, from henceforth.


I feel comforted to know that as I am serving God and doing my best everyday I have a promise that my family will be provided for and protected with everything that they need and more. This next year I hope that I will be able to be my very best and help everyone I can. And I am thankful for the blessings I have received. I know that God is loving and that he will always be with us. 

I hope you all have a good week!

Tchau,


Elder Nimmo



MacKenzie was the solemn justice of the peace for the service, Cole and Ali the happy couple, and Savannah the flower girl/ring bearer. This is what happens when Elder Nimmo doesn't send photos to post for the blog, #memorydaymonday

No comments:

Post a Comment