Friday, July 29, 2016

Week 53

"Then I was informed I was going to an outside area in the Province of Inhambane in a city called Maxixe. And it's only me and my companion. And it's a branch. And I will be called this Sunday to be a counselor in the Branch Presidency. 

Yeah, pretty CRAZY!"


Monday, July 25th, 2016


A great goodbye celebration with some great people at Brother Wing's home. 



Hey Everyone!

I think that there are enough photos this week to leave a substantial amount of questions unanswered. 

But I'll clarify a little bit. I was with a member eating a hamburger and I got a call from a friend in a high place telling me, "If you want to baptize that family, they will have to be married and baptized before Sunday Night".

I got the picture of what was going to be happening to me and so I had a job to do. 

If you want more details about how it happened let my lovely mother know and I would be glad to give more details. 

But long story short they got married and baptized. In two days! The miracle of all of this is that it takes 14 days for a couple to get married. With the help of the Lord, prayers and lots of faith the Lord's hand made the impossible happen. They were married in one day. 

The baptism was wonderful and the spirit was strong.

To end it all I had a great goodbye celebration held in the house of Brother Wing and it was probably the best way to go out. I have been very blessed to have met so many great people in these last 5 months. The best thing is that I'll be back sooner than later.

That night I ran back to the house finished the packing that I started and flew down to Maputo. Then I was informed I was going to an outside area in the Province of Inhambane in a city called Maxixe. And it's only me and my companion. And it's a branch. And I will be called this Sunday to be a counselor in the Branch Presidency. 

Yeah pretty CRAZY! But Maxixe is beautiful! Oh and next week on P-Day we will be traveling to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. 

Super excited! 

I know that the Lord works miracles and that by His word anything is possible. I testify of the reality of miracles and the Mercy of God. I know this to be true. I hope you have as good of a week as I did!

Love you all!


Elder Nimmo



It has been a great 5 months serving in Beira.





Capulana gift wrapped her and her baby as presents to say goodbye.



Packing before leaving Beira and flying to Maputo.




Good bye to Elder Copitzky.

Flight from Beira to Maputo...
...then up to my new area of Maxixe.

Maxixe (pronounced 'ma-sheesh') is named after an african chief.
It is the largest city and economic captital of the province of Inhambane, Mozambique. It is situated on the Indian Ocean just south of the Tropic of Capricorn, in a bay opposite historic Inhambane City which can be reached by local ferries. Although Maxixe is the province's city, Inhambane City is the seat of provincial government.


Super excited to be traveling to one of the most beautiful beaches next week on my P-day. 
I can't swim but I can enjoy the beauty!




No comments:

Post a Comment