Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 79

"Often times when we are in a tough situation we let ourselves think negatively about what is happening."


Monday, January 23, 2017 



Waiting at the hospital with Elder Hamilton - surgery round #2.



Hey Everyone!

So I don't really know what Zimpeto is like yet. I was in the mission office until Saturday waiting for our house to be ready. When we moved in we had to set everything up and then Sunday was just a normal day in the Magoanine Ward because Zimpeto will be a cluster/group, but has yet to open up. 

So today I am in the mission office doing my email because I have to get surgery on my toe. Wish me luck! We might get a car in our area because everything is so spread out. The area where we will be working is called Zimpeto but we will do most of our work in a place called Intaka. 
My new companion, Elder Chir Chir is nice. He is very different from the norm but sometimes that is a good thing. I look forward to working with him.

This week I would like to talk about having virtuous thoughts. I know when we hear the word virtue we might immediately think of sexual purity. But I believe that virtue and virtuous thoughts can be much more. Often times when we are in a tough situation we let ourselves think negatively about what is happening. These are not virtuous thoughts. 

"...let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven." D&C 121:45

I have discovered by the Spirit that in order to "let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly" we cannot let ourselves have negative thoughts. We need to have the proverbial glass half full attitude in life. The quickest way we can get rid of negative thoughts is to "wax strong in confidence," thinking of others and serving them. 

"Forget yourself and go to work." President Gordon B. Hinckley

I love you all!


Elder Nimmo



Magoanine is the highlighted area.



"Old" comp Elder Green at the airport when we said goodbye. I'll have to get a photo of my new companion this week.


Camoes our security guard.


Me with Elder Schwalger.  


Me with Elder Price.

No comments:

Post a Comment