Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 78

"My last week here was great... I was able to say goodbye to a lot of people that I care about. I am somewhat calm as to what is happening this transfer. I'm very happy to be leaving Maxixe with all the goals I had being fulfilled."


Monday, January 16, 2017




Trick before I go, fun goodbyes!



Hey Everyone!

Transfers!!!!

I am leaving Maxixe today on a plane and heading to Maputo. My new area will be Zimpeto in Maputo, and my companion will be Elder ChirChir. He is from Uganda. My first African companion!

My toenail has become ingrown again due to the poor growth of that said toenail. Therefore, when I arrive in Maputo I should be getting surgery on my toe.

Crazy stuff!

My last week here was great! Carlos and Dulce were baptized, I was able to say goodbye to a lot of people that I care about. I am somewhat calm as to what is happening this transfer. I'm very happy to be leaving Maxixe with all the goals I had being fulfilled. Not certain if I'll ever go to Swaziland but we will see. 

I want to share a thought that I expressed during my last talk given yesterday in church. I have a scripture mark that shows Christ feeding one of His sheep on a stony path and on the back it talks about how He is our shepherd. 

I think of how great of a blessing that is to all of us. To know that He is ALWAYS calling us back to Him. He is our friend and brother who is helping us find our way back from the stony path that we so easily, and continually, enter on in our lives. 

We need to learn to recognize His voice and His call so that this blessing becomes magnified and usable. This means doing the things that so easily save us from leaving the path He has shown to us. Obey the commandments, worship at church, spiritual progression through the scriptures, etc. 

I know this is true and I love that I have this testimony. It fills my heart that He is always calling for me to come unto Him.

Have a great week!


Elder Nimmo



I was shocked he could do this!

I got a cool shirt made while I was here.

Last baptisms before I leave.

Thumbs up? No? Ok, peace signs?

Ok, peace signs it is!

Carlos and Dulce were baptized.

This is why I'm here!



























Gersen and I on my last Sunday at the Maxixe Branch.

Thumbs up for these Branch members.

I'm going to miss these families.

Being goofy with Elder Green one last time.


Water drainage/garbage dump - I won't be missing this.


But some things I will be missing -

The sunsets,

and the people.

Tchau to Paulo-

and his great family.

Tchau to Anita.

Tchau to the little kids.

It was sad to say goodbye.

They all walked with us for about a minute when we left and they all started crying. 
Super sad, but I take the love with me.











No comments:

Post a Comment