Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Week 57

"I got surgery today and it went well."


Monday, August 22nd, 2016


Waiting...



Hey Everybody!

This has been a pretty boring yet exciting week.

It started off with me and my companion trying to work but for a while now I have had a small problem with my foot.

Long story short we hopped on a plane to Maputo and got it checked out. I was told by a doctor to come back today and get surgery for my toe. 

I got surgery today and it went well. You can see the photos. 

I went to a stake conference yesterday and saw a lot of familiar faces from T-3 as well as Sommerschield. Unfortunately I didn't think to take any photos on my camera because I was more caught up talking to Elders and seeing how everything had been going in their lives and the mission work there.

Sister Koch took a photo of me that day so you can see that photo. 

This week I wanted to share a scripture from The Doctrine and Covenants,

It reads in section 50  

22 Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.


That is why so many missionaries are changed when they come home. As we preach and they receive we are both edified by the Spirit and we grow. I know this to be true.

I hope you all have a great week!

Sending my love your way,

Elder Nimmo


Before my surgery I was able to attend ward conference and see some friends.

My companion, Elder Hamilton had fun reconnecting with friends too.

Sister Koch takes care of all the missionaries from head to TOE!
Shower shoes become my Sunday shoes.



TMI


Waiting...

Elder Hamilton capturing the moment before the procedure.

I'll be back to work in Maxixe soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment