Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 29

"It was a testimony to me that the Lord knows his sheep and that he calls them by name. And we are here to bring them home." 


Monday, February 8th, 2016



Throwback photo when the missionaries were in our home all the time. They have always been a wonderful influence and shining example of service for our family. And now Elder Nimmo is helping the Lord to bring His sheep home while in Africa.


Hey Everyone! 

I hope you had a good week! This week went by very fast for me. If every week was like this the mission would be way to fast! 

Nothing crazy happened this week but it was just a really nice week. We found a lot of new families and they are all progressing. This transfer has been a complete turn around. We had a baptism, so many people are coming to church. We almost had 200 people in T-3 a couple Sundays ago. I am loving this area more and more! Elder Nielsen left this Friday for Beira. And a new Elder, Elder Lorimer is here now. We have a really great house. Not to mention clean! 

The temperature is hot as always but I a staying very hydrated. I would guess we walk about 10-11 miles each day in the sand. This is on average. It is always a blessing when we don't have to walk all day because we have lessons to teach. 

This week has probably been one of the easiest of the mission so far. There is nothing better than AC by the way. Without AC at night it is almost impossible to sleep. But I haven't had to worry about that. So blessed. 

This week I will just share an experience. We were walking and found a woman, Olinda. She said "come visit me and my brother this week". We said " Of course", she said, "my friend is a member of your church." Long story short because of this woman we found a lost sheep and a whole family who have received visits from missionaries but were never baptized. It was a testimony to me that the Lord knows his sheep and that He calls them by name. And we are here to help bring them home. The Lord loves us, He knows us individually. I know this is true.

I love you all and wish you a good week!

-- 

Elder Nimmo

*Disclaimer: The above photo and comment is from me, Cole's mom. Whenever Elder Nimmo doesn't send me a photo for the week, I take creative liberty to attach a photo of him to fill the space. Fair warning :)


No comments:

Post a Comment