Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 30

"Oftentimes I find myself doing things that are not charitable. That are not done out of love. Truly everything good comes from having charity. If we have charity not only our own lives but the lives of others will be blessed immensely."


Monday, February 15th, 2016


Monkey business!


Hello Everyone! 

This past week was great! We played something called Gator Ball last Monday with the zone of Matola. We had a great week working. And today we went to the zoo! It was kind of lame but fun at the same time! Anyways... I am doing super well! I am hearing a lot of music so it is kind of sad to think about not listening to music. But I will return one day haha. But it seems like there is a lot of good music. I heard a lot of Adele, Chris Brown, and Justin Bieber. I am pretty sure stuff is happening that I don't know about but I like it. 

When we went to the zoo we fed chickens to crocodiles. It was pretty cool. Monkeys touched my hand and did flips, I gave them some bread. And that was the zoo. haha. But it was a very happy and hot week! 

I want to share a scripture that is just killer. It talks about charity and I really love it. It is in 1 Corinthians chapter 13.

I memorized verses 4-13 but I just pasted them because it is faster than typing. 

 1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
 4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
 7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
 8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

This has become somewhat like a mantra for me. Charity is so important because we cannot ever be like our Savior, Jesus Christ, if we have not charity. Oftentimes I find myself doing things that are not charitable. That are not done out of love. Truly everything good comes from having charity. If we have charity not only our own lives but the lives of others will be blessed immensely. 
I pray that we can all have charity, that we can grow closer to our Savior and feel at peace with ourselves. 

I hope you all have a good week!


Elder Nimmo

Along came a crocodile, quiet as can be and...

SNAP!





Monkey...
                                               
see and...

Monkey do!




This is Maracuja.
Passion fruit.
It's so good!





No comments:

Post a Comment