Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 40

"When we study the scriptures we are blessed with a knowledge and understanding of the truth! I know that the scriptures are a blessing from our Heavenly Father."


Monday, April 25th, 2016


My mom wanted me to send some photos of the beautiful children. How about these?



Hello,

It is raining a lot at the moment. Pouring...  I love the rain though so I am fine with it! 

This week was full of work. We tried our very best and a lot of good things came of it! We met with a lot of new people and continued with the teaching of our older contacts and I have never been more exhausted. I am extremely excited for the next transfer and I know that if we continue like this we will have a lot of success. 

On Saturday we had a family night with a really great family! We made a cake and they loved it! I have been very blessed to have had such wonderful people in my areas. They are a family of sisters and one sister, Gozaga, has children. They aren't all related but more of friends who call each other sisters. Their mother lives there and is very old but very kind. We shared a small spiritual thought, ate dinner, talked and had dessert! They all asked for the recipe! Yes, I can bake! Actually it's the most simple cake to make! But Mocambican cake is not very good so I can see why they probably like it. That was my week! I'll try and spice my week up for the next email.

I just want to bear my testimony about the scriptures and knowledge. They are directly related. When we want to become learned in the gospel, when we want to know things and have our understanding enlightened we should study the scriptures. Many people on the mission, especially here in Beira ask questions or doubt the reality of the things we teach. They say, "Where does it say that in the Bible", or "I don't believe in that". And I need to help them realize where the answer is in the scriptures. 

One thing that I love about the gospel is that everything in Christianity proves that this is God's church. When we read the scriptures (with a knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ and His doctrines) everything becomes real to us and makes sense not only on a spiritual basis but logically as well. I testify of the power of the scriptures. I testify that The Book of Mormon and the Bible are one. They confound false doctrines and establish peace between the children of men. When we study the scriptures we are blessed with a knowledge and understanding of the truth! I know that the scriptures are a blessing from our Heavenly Father. He wants us to read every day! I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I invite everyone to read in the scriptures everyday if you don't already! You will be so happy if you do!

Love you all! Until next week!


Elder Nimmo 

They liked the cake that I made!






I think I've accomplished the task of sharing the faces of some beautiful children. You're welcome mom. 



1 comment: