Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 39

"As children of a Heavenly Father we can come to realize very quickly that He loves us completely and perfectly."



Monday, April 18th, 2016 



"...for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." 



Good Afternoon, 

Coming to you quite some time after live, Elder Nimmo with another EXTREME BLOG POST! 

This week was pretty normal. Last Monday we went to a place called Luna Mar and we dined like kings! I had the best pizza and ice cream I have had on my whole mission. It was worth it! We taught a lot of lessons this week and a lot of people are progressing! Elder Ortiz and I are very hopeful for the future of this area. 

On Saturday we had a small training with President Koch and I personally gained a lot from it. He talked about loyalty, obedience, and finding people to teach. 

I hope to stay here this next transfer to break the whitewash/2 transfer only streak. 

Also today we played soccer on a big field with thick grass and my team was undefeated... Got a sick header at the end of a game to win it. Pretty sick!

I don't have a lot to say so I just want to share a quick scripture and thought.


1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

As children of a Heavenly Father we can come to realize very quickly that He loves us completely and perfectly.  Think about this for a second, a good father will want his children to be happy. A good father will teach his children and help them learn important things. A father knows what is best for his children and knows how to help them grow individually. 

Our Heavenly Father will always do what is best for us. He will help us grow individually and through that growth, although it may be difficult and at times hurt, because of that growth we will be happier. He gives us commandments and gave us Jesus Christ for us to be happy, for us to grow. We must acknowledge Him in His infinite wisdom and come to realize through Him and His Son, nothing is impossible. 

I know this is true, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love you all!


Elder Nimmo

Listening to President Koch's training on loyalty, obedience and finding people to teach. 


And then OREOS!


After our epic soccer win, Elder Ortiz and I waiting in the library to use the computers to write another EXTREME BLOG POST!

No comments:

Post a Comment